Yamaha Maverick Vinales wins all at Qatar MotoGP
Maverick Viñales conquered glory at the opening MotoGP Qatar race. The new 2017 Movistar Yamaha rider got the pole position and won the race with +0.461 seconds lead over Ducati Andrea Dovizioso and almost +2 seconds from Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi. It was a hard fought race, Viñales did not had a great start but came back and make the pass on Marquez and then Dovizioso in the final laps of the race.
Here is our good vs bad about the Qatar race:
- We knew Viñales was good, the Qatar race reconfirmed the Spaniard is title contender.
- Andre Dovizioso getting that 2nd place with the Ducati!
- Nice to see Valentino Rossi getting 3rd place - after struggling during preseason testing.
- The Honda are still in the game: Marquez and Pedrosa 4th and 5th place.
- Aleix Espargaro great result with the Aprilia finishing 6th place.
- With Viñales as Yamaha teammate, Rossi chances to win the 2017 title are very slim.
- Jorge Lorenzo struggled in his first race with Ducati. Finished 11th.
- Did not Finished for Andrea Iannone and Suzuki. The other Suzuki (Alex Rins) only finished 9th.
- MotoGP Rookie Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) led the race at the first laps but unfortunately crashed out of the race.
- LCR Honda Cal Crutchlow did not finished, had a very hard weekend at Qatar.
- The Red Bull KTM need more improvements.
The race results are here:
2017 MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix Race Results
For more on the future MotoGP champion:
The rise of Maverick Vinales to 2017 MotoGP contender
Posted on March 31, 2017